(This is a cross-post of an item posted to ttbrown.com on March 18, 2023)
“Writing a book is adventure to begin with. It’s a toy and amusement; then it becomes a mistress and then it becomes a master and then a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster, and fling him out to the public.
– Winston Churchill
Ladies and Gentlemen:
The deed. Is. Done.
I can’t believe I’m saying this… it’s been such a long haul, and for a minute there it felt like the universe was putting up an impenetrable goal-line defense.
But the deed. Is DONE.
As of yesterday morning (Saturday March 18, 2023), all three versions of the The Man Who Mastered Gravity are available from Amazon. com. <– That’s the link.
That’s hardcover ($29.99), softcover ($19.99) and Kindle edition ($9.99).
What can I say other than, “I hope y’all will run right out (well, actually, sit right down) and buy a copy – and leave a glowing review on Amazon!”
Please note, the hardcover and softcover editions are print on demand (PoD), so delivery times are a tad longer than typical Amazon titles that are pre-printed and sitting in a warehouse somewhere.
I guess this is what the self-publishing gurus call a ‘soft launch.’ I don’t think of it so much as a ‘launch’ as just, well… like Churchill said, flinging it out to the public.
I am reasonably certain this edition is 98% perfect in terms of proofreading. I just haven’t found the other 2% yet. I was still finding typos etc. right up until I uploaded the files, so I am sure there are still some waiting to be detected. If readers will point them out to me, I’ll round ’em up and fix as many as I can all once.
The title has also been established with IngramSpark, which will distribute the print editions to bookstores if there is any demand.
Now comes the hard part.